Sunday, May 17, 2015

Greetings

Hello, this is my first blog as well as first post. My name is Christopher Rigobello and I am currently a B.S. Zoology Major student in SUNY Oswego. The blog will have interesting topics on animals, some breaking news, thoughts, reviews and some cool personal artwork.

As the blog name suggests, this blog is dedicated to animals of the phylum Chordata which is the group that contains the most remarkable animals to have evolved. These would include lancelets, tunicates and of course, us vertebrates. Chordata is defined as a monophyletic group that contains all animals that have a notochord at some point in their development.

Short post, but hopefully I will be posting more really cool stuff in the future! See you later my fellow fish!

Chordates are an incredibly diverse group that includes animals such as Humans (Homo sapiens) and Giant Pyrosomes (Pyrosoma spinosum). Image by TrickieDickie99

No comments:

Post a Comment